Worst cameras I ever seen

Not compatible with phone or so they say. My,memory is wasting money on these things. Doing a force stop on the app to see anything.
Just got an email. It will never be compatible with my phone. Maybe they should say what they are compatible with before ppl waste their money

What phone are you using?

Blink does specify system requirements:

https://support.blinkforhome.com/en_us/system-requirements-SJGVzxmUB

2 Likes

It’s why there is a 30 day return policy. No way in hell Blink can confirm it will work with you phone your router, and your ISP. The combination of those 3 items cannot be tested beforehand.

5 Likes

Do not email me again

We never emailed you in the first place? I believe you’re confusing us with blink staff. We’re not.

2 Likes

Ohhh boy. :joy:

3 Likes

Did you not see the specs of the phone before you purchased the cameras that’s where doing your research would of been better

3 Likes

Some people are just here to ■■■■■ and complain. They don’t ask for help. They don’t respond to didn’t you do your homework/research. Some of them are simply trolls.

I propose a new initial response as do you want help fixing your problem? This will then tell the tale.

4 Likes

I have to agree. I have two cameras, both don’t work. I’m on my third because they sent a new one when the first stopped working. These cameras are designed to fail or they use such cheap components they expect them to fail. If yours breaks or stops working they are happy to send a new one because they are so cheap. If your outside your warranty window then its another £100.
This is a scandal that is going undetected. If everyone that has had a camera stop working (Bear in mind, if this was Apple it would just work. Just work, no messing) responds with Yes you would quickly see how much they are squeezing out of unsuspecting customers.
These cameras are basically ■■■■. I’m an electronic engineer and will be breaking these cameras down to see just what is so off about these cameras. It wouldnt surprise me if they do in fact accually work but send the feed directly to Amazon, hence the strain on battery and components.
Watch this space as I investigate further into this scam.

2 Likes

No problems here. Very pleased for battery powered cameras.

3 Likes

I have 6 cameras, all work great. Funny how that works.

I also spent hours working with placement, angles, settings, etc.

6 Likes

I have 4 cameras and have no problem with any of them. Like Austin, I also spent a lot of time testing out the placement and settings for them. For wireless cameras that don’t require a subscription I’ve been very happy with mine.

8 Likes

In the 3 years I’ve owned Blink I’ve never had a camera or sync module failure. I was even using the indoor cams outside in the upstate NY winters with no problem. Curious to see what “Sherlock” will come up with! LOL

5 Likes

Add me to the list of satisfied customers. 7 cameras here now, on 3 sync modules. 13 months in on my first batch of 3 and not a single failure of a sync module or camera yet on any of the 3 originals, or on any of the 4 newer ones that I’ve purchased since. Performs exactly as expected, and as detailed in their literature and FAQs.

I’d be completely satisfied, as opposed to ‘satisfied’, if they would just offer one or two improvements to the app, such as individual camera scheduling, but I knew I wasn’t getting that from the outset, so I can’t really complain.

I also did extensive testing on receipt of my first batch, and knew exactly what to expect before I placed them.

Funny how that works, as Austin said.

6 Likes

which models and how long did you have them , just curious because iv had the XTs for 16 months and other then the battery’s failing there fine outdoors in brutal north east mountainous conditions.
So just bought the new 5 camera XT2 system which have been a little glitchy . Can you help and be more specific, Thanks .

1 Like

My two XT2s work great. Survived the Texas heat last summer. Originally, I had problem with the range of my WiFi signal which is not Blink’s fault. I got an extender and all good.

If you look back thru the forum, you will see its relatively the same group of individuals that almost always, like clockwork, respond to negative threads with their “positive blink experiences”. Though I’m sure there are plenty of customers who have nothing better to do than post clips of the baby birds in their yards learning to fly. It’s just how the capitalist world turns. Nothing you can do about it except not make future purchases with disreputable corporation.

I gave up on nine. Got ring

1 Like

I feel ya. It is what it is…

Mine works. Do you want me to lie?

3 Likes