View Live Video While Recording

This is a big frustration for me, especially with my front door camera. I would like to be able to view the camera while its recording… Will this ever be possible?

Currently if someone is at the front door and my camera starts recording due to motion I am unable to immediately pull up the camera to see who is there instead I have to wait for the camera to stop recording to view it and most of the time thats too late, tje person is already gone…

3 Likes

I am guessing that since everything goes through the cloud, you can’t do both at the same time. I have the same frustration. I work from home, and my office is in the basement. I get the alert (often after the person has been at the door for a while, or left), but I can’t pull the live feed because the system is busy (usually with the next alert - the person leaving).

2 Likes

Hey @UltraVegas, and @DPChristman,

I’m not sure if it’s possible, but it definitely would be a useful feature. To address both of your issues, have you tried setting your clip to record for just a few seconds when you are home, with a longer retrigger time? That way you could receive the notification quicker, quickly see who it is, and be able to react within seconds.

No but that’s becuase if we did that then we risk the chance of not catching something on recorded video that could be important…

The only other option would be to add a second camera for just live viewing purposes which isn’t feasible unless you have money to blow…

2 Likes

Not really a viable solution, since the ‘who’s at the door’ scenario is the only time you’d need it. the rest of the time you are not capturing the activity you need to.

1 Like

This is how Ring Pro works and I love it! Ring Pro also sends the motion event as it is happening and not after the video is done recording.

Please get this worked out Blink as this seems to be one of the number 1 feature request!

1 Like

What about preview screen shots sent to your phone taken from the video getting currently uploaded?

3 Likes