Video storage

I like nox other than the fact that it is a little slow to start each time, and they are trying to push apps on you as soon as you connect. Any way to prevent that?

Why not just keep the program running in the background

1 Like

Keep in mind these emulators are made mostly for playing the android games that is why there is all kinds of adds but once I start the blink app I keep it running in the second screen I have or put it in the bar there is no adds at all.

So far, I just have left it running.

1 Like

that’s what I do

1 Like

I love NOX - it works like a charm on my Office Desktop running Win 7 Pro! Highly recommended.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying this solution to run blink cameras on my tablet computer. I can not get the sync module to connect. the nox player shows WIREDSSID as the wifi connection, it tells me that the blink connection is ‘out of range’ any ideas ?

Maybe try setting up your blink system on a native android or iOS device, then login to your blink account with nox?

Hi there, there must be some issue with your sync module since nox app does not have anything to do with the module. As @marktheknife suggested use your phone to check if everything is working the try the nox app.

1 Like

thanks

This is a good workaround. I am awaiting delivery of my first camera (XT), and understand that there’s a 30 second live view limit. Is this something you’re dealing with in some way?
I can think of creative ways but wondered if you’ve already got a solution.

Cheers

Marc

Not really, I only check the live view once in a while on the big screen and I can zoom in as much as I can to see everything. It would be great if they ever introduce pus button recording at live view. I can understand limiting the live view to certain time because of the battery life though. Will you share your creative ways with us?

1 Like

Thanks a lot.

Sure,

I’m thinking that at the Bobby Basic end of the scale is a simple mouse macro on a loop, at the other end is a full UI Automation: https://developer.android.com/training/testing/ui-testing/uiautomator-testing

Once I have things set up, I’ll let you know how I get on :slight_smile:

Marc

1 Like

I will never buy blink camera again for what i paid for it i bought 2 hd ip cameras for the price of 1 blink camera and networked to my pc .

2 Likes

Which IP camera? Are they totally wireless?

1 Like

Hi @Larry_Sonnier,

I am not going to say anything bad. Blink is not for everyone.
You can always try this cameras. They have 2 models. The newest has 2-way-audio. Both have Local/Cloud storage option built-in. Both have zones you can set. Both are wireless with the exception of always having to be plugged into the wall with a Micro USB to USB cable. Hold on…I already power my Blink cameras that way. LOL!

https://www.amazon.com/Wyze-Indoor-Wireless-Camera-Vision/dp/B076H3SRXG/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1533751773&sr=1-4&keywords=wyze+cam&dpID=41dFbSyyPsL&preST=SY300_QL70&dpSrc=srch

https://www.amazon.com/Wyze-1080p-Indoor-Camera-Vision/dp/B07DGR98VQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1533751773&sr=1-3&keywords=wyze+cam&dpID=31dz6wCIWML&preST=SY300_QL70&dpSrc=srch

2 Likes

Well said sir… And great info

I have a couple of these as well…only down side is the 5min gap between notifications—-not a huge issue if you have a SD card but if you are relying on cloud you can miss ALOT

anyone else getting a device not compatible with this version with nox and blink app?