Thank you all for your thoughts! After checking out and surveying what are there in the market again, the reality I am facing is this, after I applied several selection criteria, according the most practical and common-sense usage of “outdoor camera” today:
Selection criteria for “outdoor” camera that are truly outdoor, truly stand out and would motivate me to buy with no hesitation:
- Must be Wireless
- A.I. to detect Human if Good-IQ, OR, if Low-IQ: to support 24x7 recording but still wireless (I am happy either way), I just simply found it too dumb, for the so-called “motion detection” of tons of rubbish like lights, tree leaves moving, cars moving etc… which simply waste the battery, time and money - but I did not buy the camera for these “motion detected” junk!! Then if Blink support may argue, “well you need to aim your camera accurately so it can detect better …” But, will this be practical for a true OUTDOOR camera? Grow up Blink, come on !!
- Sync Module signal range (for syncing with cameras) must be practically extendable, i.e. by using WiFi Extender or by other graceful solution if WiFi extender not suitable. This is to practically support usages in houses or large properties/estates (not apartments or units).
- Offer cloud storage, OR, can stream data back to local NAS storage (via local WLAN of course), OR, provide local on-camera storage that must be weather proven of course (I am happy either option)
- Night vision with clarity that is of sufficient quality to be accepted by court proceedings
- Long battery life (6 months or less are fine) if all my 6x criteria are met here
So after I applied the above 6 selection criteria, which are very practical for a truly outdoor security camera, I found nothing available on the current market !!!
For Blink XT2, it still meets 4 out of the above 6 key criteria, but I really don’t care much of the “2-year” of battery life, if all the other 5 criteria are met, then even less than 6 months battery is fine to me.
In summary, to Blink business management, as from end user point of view, please all the above 6x criteria are the least baseline to define your camera to be truly OUTDOOR (of course, weather proven is assumed default therefore not listed here). I am pretty sure that, if all these are met (which really of NOT that much technical challenge to tech company like the business scale of Blink nowadays, which is also subsidiary of Amzaon), I believe Blink products will be selling much much faster, just like those crazy-going face masks, or just like the scene of shark feast … sorry for the analogy, but seriously, the result will see Blink’s market share quickly eclipses others … come on folks from this community - if we can’t give money or technical support to Blink, then lets give them our moral support and of course, our demand for these 6x highly wanted features !