Turn on cameras in a schedule

If a schedule is made to turn on cameras, then those cameras should be turned on by the blink system automatically if they are off.

Correct.
Read owner’s manual on Blink support website for details on how to use scheduling.
https://support.blinkforhome.com/using-the-blink-app/how-do-i-use-scheduled-arming

I have done that. And no, it does not solve the problem. I’ll be a little more specific in my example. I have 5 cameras outside my house. At times 4 of the cameras are on - running man is blue - and 1 camera is off - grey running man. . When the scheduled time to turn on the system comes, the only cameras that become active are the ones that are on. The camera that turned off does not turn on.

At the set scheduled time - all cameras, on or off, should be activated and be turned on - blue running man. I turn off my patio camera during the day while I am home - dogs, I use my patio, but want that camera to be active when the scheduled.

What you want, is individual camera scheduling, which many have requested before, and is covered in many threads. One such thread is being discussed at the moment, but it looks unlikely to be implemented, because it has been being requested for years.

Your suggestion is not quite a solution. Sadly, there will likely be as many that would say, ‘it really annoys me that when I arm my sync module, even cameras that I have specifically disarmed motion detect for, damned well switch back on’, or similar. Actually, there would likely be more.

In the absence of the correct solution from Blink, that of individual camera schedules, the only solution available right now, is to get another sync module for that camera alone, for which you can then create its own schedule.

That, or wait for Blink to implement what has been lacking for years, for whatever reason. Those reasons, are unknown to all here, but have been discussed to the point of exhaustion.

Relatively cheap to implement, and will overcome your problem.

1 Like

What you want is different than what Blink has programmed to work. Blink uses the running man icon for individual on/off control of each camera after system has been armed. What you are desiring is for ALL cameras to come back on during you next arming event via scheduling. AKA more automation so you don’t have to remember to turn on a camera that you previously shut off.

Great idea but not available. Others want turn an individual camera off for say 30 minutes while I go outside to do something. Then automatically turn it back on. Auto turn back on covers me as I am forgetful and I love automation.

The problem with Blink is entry level product and entry level price. Many people outgrow it’s limited capabilities shortly after they install it. They wish it had more and could do more. But they bought on price - entry level product at entry level price. And there in lies the never ending catch 22 of home monitoring systems.

If you use multiple Sync Modules, you can group the cameras and set different schedules for each group. Is that what you’re trying to do, or am I missing something?

I have one set of cameras active 24 hours/day and another set only active at night. It works great.

What doesn’t work, however, is if you manually disable a camera. The schedule will not turn it back on. I assume the system infers that if you’ve disabled a camera manually, that you want it to stay disabled.

I think a better solution for what you’re describing is a feature to TEMPORARILY shut off a camera, like the way anti-virus software works. In most antivirus software, when you disable one of the monitors, it will ask you how long to leave it disabled, such as 15 minutes, 1 hour, 4 hours, 12 hours. Then it automatically comes back on.

That would be the cleanest way to do what you’re describing. But otherwise, you cannot expect when you disable the camera the system will be able to read your mind and know whether you mean for it to be turned back on later or not. If the system worked that way, it would be literally impossible to ever permanently disable a camera without deleting it from the system. I, for one, would NEVER want my Blink system to work that way. It is a huge pain in the ■■■ to have to unmount a camera, remove the back panel, scan the QR code, and mount it again. I never, ever want to have to do that unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks all. SOLVED