Security problems/legal action?

(THIS IS A REPOST FROM “HACKING”)…

This is also happening to me now… 1 camera has been disabled on its own and 2 of the 5 that I own will sporadically start recording 25-30sec Liveview videos (never consistent in length which is a red flag) and without any motion in the frames. I believe someone sporadically will access those 2 cameras, and always a few seconds after a motion recording has been triggered and ended (a separate video recorded right after with no action in the frame because as i have already left the camera frame). We have our system set up that if you live view, it will record but both my wife and arent the ones doing the live viewing. This is all very strange and I sm not getting a good feeling about…

ANYONE WITH SIMILAR ISSUES LET ME KNOW…ME AND OTHERS ARE LOOKONG FURTHER INTO THIS AND WHAT (IF ANYTHING) CAN BE DONE ABOUT THIS TO FORCE BLINK/AMAZON TO INVESTIGATE FURTHER. ANYONE WITH LEGAL INFORMATION, PLEASE RESPOND HERE.

Known bug, fully documented by others in the forum, and already described on Blink’s own support pages, with a workaround solution. Unacceptably, been going on for years. Not hacking.

As for the rest of it, incredibly low chance of being hacked, but if you are, then if you think you can take on and sue Blink, a part of Amazon, good luck to you. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s in their terms and conditions, that they make no guarantee of the security or safety of our videos, or that of the function of the app, and that they cannot be held responsible for anything that happens.

TOS does indeed mention those kind of things. The lawyers wrote it. If you, the buyer ever read the TOS, the average John Doe buyer would never actually purchase Blink products. However, if you read it upfront, realize it’s a fancy toy for less than 100 bucks per camera, realize it’s for home monitoring, not home security, read reviews, watch youtube videos comparisons to competing brands…and then bought it anyway…You would be the same kind of buyer I am. I knew all of this upfront. I bought it anyway because I didn’t care about the TOS.

You signed off on this when you created/activated your Blink account. You did the same exact thing when you signed up for MS Windows, Apple IOS, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google, Youtube, etc. You just hit the yup I accept it button and go on with your business.

So now is the time for the rest of you to actually read the TOS.
Pay attention to the following sections:
DISPUTES
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
SUSPENSIONS AND TERMINATIONS
FUNCTIONALITY; INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY

https://blinkforhome.com/terms-of-service

1 Like

I observed same issue recently and not sure it’s due to compromised account or software glitch. This is making me worried and I feel like someone is always watching us.

You mean like google/android or Apple/IOS and your cell phone?

1 Like