Photo shoot

Not that I’m in the market for a new camera, but I was just scouting around looking at the new outdoor camera details. I was actually trying to find out how motion detection works on the new ones, but noticed the following:

“Photo Capture provides an enhanced overview of what’s happening around your camera. On an active camera Photo Capture takes a thumbnail every hour, then once a day and assembles them into a short clip that you can view in the Blink app. If a motion alert or Live View event occurs, the hourly photos taken up to that point are assembled into a video for you, and the hourly photos begin again after the event is complete.”

So, again, they have added something requested so many times I’ve lost count, but only on the new cameras, when it’s obvious this could be added to any of the cameras.

Goes to show they do look at what people want, by reading in here, and/or seeing what the competition is up to, but rarely comment in here now, and yet again they have added something only to the new versions to provide differentiation and more sales.

If that functionality comes to all cameras, I’ll take that back, but I’d be surprised.

Looks like Joel is right, this forum is nothing more than a giant market research exercise.

Here you can see the setting in the app:

https://support.blinkforhome.com/indoor-outdoor/how-to-adjust-camera-settings-indoor-outdoor

Just a lucky guess in my part. :alien::robot::skull_and_crossbones:

Backwards compatibility kills sales. Don’t do it! Actually, the real challenge is does activity zones work on Gen 3 outdoor cameras. If not,…that’s polish backwards compatibility. :sob::sob::joy:

1 Like