To confirm what was believed, and as stated by Blink, I performed a small test, as I said I would. You know how I like to do that, lol.
I have 4 sync modules in service, and let it build up to 10% storage used. When it got to 10%, I over shot somewhat, but didn’t know by how much, so I deleted some until it showed 9% again, but probably went a little too far. I then logged out and back in again, to make sure all was synchronised, and then added a few more XT2, manually invoked recordings, until it tripped over exactly to 10%. I wanted a reasonably big number, so that the maths would demonstrate it reasonably clearly. You will see the new recordings at the top of each list of files.
This is what the maths says should happen.
7200 seconds per module, 4 modules, equals 28800 seconds of total time available.
10% equals 2880 seconds used.
Delete one module, 3 modules, equals 21600 seconds of total time available.
Still 2880 seconds used, which is now 0.1333333 of the total available, or 13.3%
Here are the actual screenshots, other than I did the 10% screenshot after I added the sync module back, re-granting me the extra capacity, because I forgot to do it before.
The experience is exactly inline with expected behaviour, and exactly what Blink have described.
If I had two more sync modules available, I would have gone over the limit of 5, to also test that, proving that adding a 6th one wouldn’t change the used capacity, but I don’t, so I couldn’t.