Notifications on a per camera basis

Much like the original app design from the kick starter campaign show how many notifications are pending on a per camera basis instead of mixing them all together as in the current video roll design which makes pertinent events more difficult to locate

4 Likes

This is a feature we would very much like to implement in the future for our new app updates. The idea is a great one, especially if you know where an event may have occurred and need to access it quickly. This is definitely a feature I will bring to the attention of our engineers to see if this is on our road map for any time soon!

4 Likes

This is a feature I am very badly missing with my 3 cameras installed. While I like the camera to be recording any activities I am not super fan of it triggering me notifications all the time as I this is my work phone. I would prefer taking control of the way each cameras trigger me notifications rather than the whole set which at this point of time makes it very useless.

2 Likes

This is related to a request I have previously submitted – the ability to enable notifications on a per-camera basis, rather than a per-account basis.

2 Likes

Would be nice to have these features right in the app. I will offer an alternative that kicks all forms of boot-ie.

SmartThings Hub can be purchased for as little as $50. With it, there is an integration with Blink and SmartThings using RBoy’s App. There is a small subscription fee for access to the App and Device Handler but it makes the Blink Camera System totally customization.

Here is the list of commands:
The features of this Blink Device Handler/SmartApp are:
Enable/Disable each camera’s motion detection/alerts independently from SmartThings (DONE!)
Control the monitoring system at sync module level from SmartThings (DONE!)
Take a Picture from each camera independently and show in it SmartThings (DONE!)
Get the Temperature reported by each camera (DONE!)
Get the camera to sync module link signal strength for each camera (DONE!)
Get the sync module WiFi signal strength (DONE!)
Expose interface as a Camera device (take command) (DONE!)
Expose interface as a Temperature sensor device (DONE!)
Expose interface as a Switch to control each camera’s motion detection on/off (DONE!)
Expose interface as a Motion Sensor to report motion events (DONE!)
Expose interface as an Alarm to take a picture and turn on motion detection when turned on (DONE!)
Expose interface to turn on/off system (sync module) via CoRE (monitorOn/monitorOff) (DONE!)
Expose interface to turn on/off individual camera motion detection/alerts via CoRE (enableCamera/disableCamera) (DONE!)
Proof of concept for SmartTiles209 to take/show pictures (DONE!)
Motion Detection Actions from within Smart App (turn on lights with timeout option, turn on alarm, etc) (DONE!)
Support for multi user SMS notifications and push notifications (DONE!)
Queue and retry commands if server is busy (DONE!)
Integration with Smart Home Monitor (SHM) (DONE!)
Detect and show if Sync Module is offline (DONE!)
Support for Push Notifications (DONE!)
Support for Multiple Sync Modules per Account (DONE!)
Support for Multiple Accounts (DONE!)
Support for worldwide regions (DONE!)
Support for changing video recording length (DONE!)
Support for setting video recording length via CoRE (setVideoLength(x)) (DONE!)
Support for setting motion sensitivity via CoRE (setMotionSensitivity(x)) (DONE!)
Support for setting retrigger time via CoRE (setRetriggerTime(x)) (DONE!)
Support for changing the LED modes (DONE!)
Support for changing LED modes via CoRE (ledOn/ledOff/ledAuto) (DONE!)
Support for forcing a sensors update (temperature, signal strength, battery etc) via CoRE (forceSensorsUpdate) (DONE!) (Caution: It drains the battery)
Support for Live viewing of the camera (video + audio) (DONE!) (Caution: It drains the battery)

There is also a cool Rule Engine called webCoRE that you can cook up whatever you heart desires in regards to notifications, setting up each camera to change its settings based on whatever you like. It is totally Cool!!!

Please do add this. I need motion set on all 10 cams which are in high traffic areas, but also need to find trips on 2 cams in a restricted area of my bldg. Wish i could search or filter BY CAM(S) the hundreds of notifications.
The SmartThings Hub and webcor rules look great but I bought Blink as a prepaid non-subscription package. A filter for reviewing clips seems like a really simple thing for Blink to add.

2 Likes

I’m totally in favor for this! I want configurable notifications per camera.

1 Like

+1 This is REALLY IMPORTANT for avoiding alarm fatigue!! (if I could I’d +10 on this one)

As I noted in post below, some of my cameras are high traffic areas where I don’t want alarms but others are low traffic where any alarm is worth reviewing.

3 Likes

I agree, I have a camera for my driveway and it kind of overlooks the street. I get a notification every time a car passes. Please let me shut notifications off for particular cameras, it is driving me nuts to the point I want to return!

2 Likes

May have to spring for another sync module and customize to your hearts content.

I also would like individual camera notifications.

3 Likes

Scenario:
1: main entrance
2: second entrance
3: interior

Recording should occur via motion from all of above.

Notification should occur with motion from 1 or 2, not 3.

Per the OP’s request, is this feature available or on the product roadmap?

2 Likes

@hulk: Welcome to the forums! This feature is still not available, unfortunately. Is it on the roadmap? I’ll let someone from Blink speak to that, but bear in mind that Amazon does not allow them to give out much info.

3 Likes

Been gifted a blink package and finding this lack of selective per camera notification a major missing feature. What developers didn’t think this as a basic function? Not sure if I’ll re-gift this and look for something else now finding this out.

1 Like

You’re absolutely right, it should have been a basic feature - and originally was. Why it was scrapped is simply oversight since there would be little to no effort in adding it.