Notification Sound

I havent found that it is possible to change the notification sound on the app. When I get a push notification because there was motion detected, it is a standard ‘clunk’. This is the same sound I get for other things. It would be nice if I could configure this so that the sound is unique. This way I would be more inclined to check it out rather than dismiss it for a text message or something else

1 Like

Are you using android or iOS?

It is an iPhone - iOS

Unfortunately there’s no way to change the notification sound for the iOS app.

Good suggestion for an enhancement. Thanks for the response

3 Likes

Totally agree.

1 Like

There are many apps on iPhone use the same sound. I suggest Blink make upgrade to the apps to allow users to choose his own sound .

3 Likes

YES!! i’ve been asking for this function since Blink came out. Iv’e been told that iOS does not allow individual notifications. This seems beyond me as many other apps have their own sounds. If nothing else once the camera is triggered to have Blink play an MP3 as a notification should do the trick. I want a “kick me in the face” sound if something triggers my system. Last thing i want is to get a notification on my phone while the bad guy is standing over me. Also integration with the Siren upon camera trigger is a must!

3 Likes

Being able to have a different & more importantly louder notification is a must. This is my only problem with the system, I hear my phone ring, I hear texts, I never hear a motion notification because it’s waaaaay too quiet!

By the time I realize there’s been motion my house would be ransacked!

3 Likes

I’d be happy if I was getting ANY sound with the alert notification. I’m on iOS version 11.2.6. Where can I control the notification sound?

1 Like

Go to the iOS settings menu, tap notifications then scroll down and tap on Blink.

Thanks but sound is already turned on there

It would be nice to get a notification sound like I get from the ESPN app…“da da da, da da da.”

I just purchased the blink xt 4 pack and love it all except that O can’t customize the alert sound! Please make this available on a future update.

5 Likes

Definitely need to make a louder more distinct tone in a future update. Current one doesn’t wake me.

4 Likes

Use Notificon app. U can set a verbal warning and and raise volume. I had no sound unyil I downloaded app

1 Like

Thank you Mdsmith for the ‘NotifiCon’ app find. Problem solved with android. With these two steps, I’m able to get a loud notification when motion is detected. 1)I’m using the ‘NotifiCon’ app from the Google Play store to get a voice notification. 2)In the Blink app, go to Manage Account, Notifications, bottom of the page is a Notification sound button. Here you can choose a sound file on your device. I chose a mp3 of an air raid siren which I downloaded off a free sound effect website. I have my notification sound level set to max. Now, when motion is detected, the result is a voice saying I have a notification from Blink followed by the air raid siren.

1 Like

If you want to download the siren sound I’m using, here is a link to it. https://tinyurl.com/ybwn8y2e

1 Like

Still no news on customizing the notification sound for iOS? I just got a new system, and I’m pretty happy so far aside from this issue. Just as I was typing this, I had to pick up my phone to check what the notification sound was for…only a text this time. It sure would be nice to have a dedicated sound for Blink…or better yet, the ability to choose the notification sound!

3 Likes

New customer.Makes absolutely no sense to me why I would have a security system that I can’t hear when it is activated am I supposed to stay up all night and wait to see a banner drop down with very little sound . Seems like this would be a top priority for iPhone users .My best alert now is for someone to break glass or kick my door down before I know there’s someone here just a little disappointed

3 Likes