Potential new XT2 customer here
I was referred to the Blink XT2 system from a home automation community I frequent. I wanted to add a smart doorbell system but the location of the installation would be tight and narrow and may not fit. So one user suggested the XT2 system as they were using it as an alternative.
I’ve been reading this forum and reviews and the system seems to be pretty good and might serve my purposes but I have some questions:
- One video review showed the system activate when movement was detected but I saw some sort of light turn on at the same time. I know there’s a blue LED but can that be turned off? Also would the recording camera pick up the PIR sensor light up but in actuality you don’t see it? 12:08 at this review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx28PziqdME
- I want to purchase the 3 camera system but read that only one camera can record at a time. My setup would be front door, side house, and backyard. If someone enter the view of the front door cam and then decided to go to the side of the house and then to the backyard would the cameras be able to activate and record all movements?
- Is the beta testing of getting early notifications still ongoing? I know that previously notifications would be sent out once the recording was completed depending on the setting for clip length.
- There was one thread regarding someone’s XT2 being hacked. It didn’t get into specifics but was wondering is it that easy to do? How has Blink addressed this if at all?
- Has the new firmware 7.95 been resolved? Reading that it is causing some users’ sync modules and cameras to “fail”.
- My router is in my basement and I have a week wifi signal around the perimeter of my house. If I got a wifi range extender would that help with the system? Do you get to choose which network the system connects to or does it do it automatically during setup?
- If you had to do it all over again would you still pick the XT2 or go with something else?