Is this a legit email from Blink?

I received the following email from Blink. Is it legit? Thank you!

Dear Blink customer,
This is a follow-up to a notification we sent you in the Blink app. The notification was: “We’ve detected an issue with your camera xxx-xxx-xxx.” (I crossed out my camera number for security reasons)

This camera is having an issue relating to power management and this will lead to you not getting a full life cycle out of your batteries. In an effort to resolve this issue, we would like to offer you a free replacement for this camera! We’ll send you a free replacement camera of the same model in a box with a prepaid label to send back the defective camera.

For us to send you a replacement, we ask that you provide us with the following information:

Full Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:

Our goal is for every customer to have an outstanding experience with their Blink purchase and to be proactive in resolving issues when we see them. We hope to get this out to you as quickly as possible, so the sooner we hear back from you, the sooner your replacement will be on its way!

If you have any questions about this, please feel free to reply to this email, or give us a call at +1-781-332-5465.

​Looking forward to hearing from you!

Jessica

Hi Greg

We have seen mails like this before, in the forum, so it is probably legit, however, there are several things you can do to check.

1. Look in the app for the message they refer to. That would be incredibly difficult to spoof.
  2. Do what they suggest in the mail, and give them a call. The number listed is valid, see here:
  1. Reply to the mail, carefully checking if the reply email address is going to the Blink domain.
  2. Confirm that the serial number referenced is your camera. Consider how hard it would be for someone spoofing you to also have details of your Blink system, and be accurate.

They should all offer some confirmation, but calling them, especially if you find the number independently, will confirm for sure.

I personally would not trust that email. I guess you could go thru the process Sutty outlined to confirm but a $65 camera isn’t worth being scammed.

My two cents !

It’s real, but either way, $65 would be worth a phone call to me.

Thank you suttyblink and gameout! I appreciate the quick and helpful feedback. You both are correct! Just spoke with Blink customer support and confirmed the email was definitely from them and legit. I agree you can never be too safe these days! Thanks again for the comments! All my best! - Greggor36

I was sent a replacement cam, from Blink, for a screaming cam that I had… but there was NO return label in the box? The background noise of the cam was actually screaming, and now the replacement cam is doing the same thing… I thinking it may have something to do with where I have placed, but there are no other options that I can see on my lot that will cover both outside building. I have had to replace the batteries at the 6 month mark instead of the year… and yes I know its a high traffic area, but that can’t be helped during the spring time I stay outside a lot. I have taken to shutting them down during the day time unless I am gone… What causes them to scream, I don’t understand that? In the background the cam still has a great pic on it but the screaming is very annoying…