Hot spot requirements

What are the requirements for hot spot and carriers that support this? I cannot find technical or support page. It says page cannot be found .

A cellular style hotspot, is not officially supported by Blink, see below:

Required:

• A non-cellular 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network (name and password) and high speed Internet connection (DSL, Cable, Fiber) with a minimum 2 Mbit/sec upload speed. Unfortunately, due to high latency issues, we do not recommend using Blink with Satellite providers. Please note that Blink is unable to gain internet access on networks that require authentication through a third-party login website.

That having been said, it can and does work. If you ensure that your service is always on, does not throttle your connection, especially if you are on a pay as you go type deal, and has a good upload speed, then Blink will behave well.

I use a pay as you go SIM in my MiFi router, and it works perfectly well. Mine even works despite being in a poor 4G area, which severely limits my upload speed. Same device at home was 40 down, 20 up. In its final deployed location, where 4G is poor, I am lucky to get 7 down, and 1 up, but it still works.

Volume of data is quite low for a Blink system, overall, but of course that’s dependent upon number of triggers you’re likely to get.

Here is your link to the official documentation Read the first section - on premises technical requirements

https://support.blinkforhome.com/before-you-begin/blink-technical-specifications