Flip camera image

surprised blink doesn’t offer this very simple software feature. can we get a feature that flips the camera view? i have to place my camera upside down as the sensor/camera isn’t centered on the product and it would be blocked where its resting.

almost all other security camera companies has this feature. its a simple software feature that would be nice to have.

Thanks

7 Likes

And 90 degrees for long alleys. As well as full frame in portrait view.

5 Likes

To be fair to Blink, this device is relatively new, and development of ACTUAL improvements takes longer than typing a suggestion in a community forum. I like the three cameras I own now, and I am testing them in various conditions and situations.

I think they are a good value for the money, and I know that improvements will come with time.

Joe

3 Likes

January 2020 and still waiting…

3 Likes

I agree. I want mount my camera high on my living room wall and angle it downward about 30 degrees. However, that is apparently impossible if you also want to use a USB power cable. Changing batteries every 2 months is a hassle and the 2 year claim is a joke IMHO. I just switched to Wyze cams and am much happier now.

2 Likes

I’m mounting mine outside with the microusb power cord. I have to tilt mine down and the plug gets in the way of being able to rotate down all the way. I have to turn the camera upside down to get everything on footage. Please add this feature. It can’t be hard.

2 Likes

July 2020 and still waiting. :man_facepalming:t4:

You’ll probably be back July 2021 with the same post! Sigh …

2 Likes

Yes perhaps. Given how the world is, I would hope so. Also, nothing wrong with asking for a feature, is there? I was struggling with angling my Blink camera and hopefully it will stay positioned where it should–but the feature would be very helpful.

1 Like

Wow that is such a simple request that any camera can do. Up date the firmware and send it out. Oh wait they are to busy delivering packages. Ha Ha