Find Account - "Camera Serial already registered to a different account"

Hi Blink Team,
I initially purchased one Blink Camera + Sync Module while I was on holiday in Singapore which I loved so much that I ended up purchasing a two Blink Cameras + Sync Module via eBay to be delivered in Australia.

Was disappointed that I couldn’t combine the cameras but that’s a different topic.

It has been two years since I set up the cameras as I have since moved homes and finally managed to locate the cameras + modules but could only remember one account.

When trying to add the two Blink Cameras + Sync Module which I purchased via eBay, it says “Camera Serial already registered to a different account”.

Is there any chance you could tell me which account it is registered to so I can log into it or at least reset the password?

I can share the serial numbers and I have receipt of purchase from eBay as well.

Thanks and regards,

Mal

This is a user forum. You need to call support.

That said, how can you prove that the items you purchased on eBay were not stolen? Not sure you will succeed here.

It was only registered after I purchased on ebay. It’s against one of my (or my husband’s) email accounts. We just need confirmation which email it was so we can reset the password and set it up again.

Call tech support - it’s the only way.

1 Like

Is there an Australian or a New Zealand support number to call?
I could only find US and UK numbers

I don’t think so. You’ll have to do it via email.

So i bought a camera from a flea market and its saying its already registered to another account how do I fix this?

unless you know the previous owner… not much. They need to unregister it from their account. Blink will not do it for you.

“unless you know the previous owner… not much. They need to unregister it from their account. Blink will not do it for you”

As mentioned twice previously in this very same thread! SMH

1 Like

I’m having the exact same issue only it should be no problem to prove because I bought it brand new from Amazon. Obviously I have the receipt. I just want it to work and without all the hassle so what do you suggest there? It shouldn’t be that hard this is a badly designed system especially being that Amazon itself is reboxing used equipment and selling it is brand new.