Finally!.... A Blink Video Doorbell

Well, it’s too late for me. I bought a Eufy video doorbell a couple of years ago and, I really like it.

It’s pre-order status for all 3 of these items. You can’t actually buy them yet and your sure as heck can’t compare real world performance to any competing brands. Blink has a NASTY habit of releasing things way too early aka not enough beta testing was done. I hope they learned their lesson but knowing Amazon as the profit whores they are, the nasty habit past is just waiting to repeat itself.

I’m also willing to bet the solar panel as well as the floodlight camera goodies only work with the new Blink outdoor camera. Not backwards compatible with previous generations of their outdoor cameras. And the Blink doorbell, where do you think the videos will be stored? I’m betting cloud subscription only. This is why it’s only 50 bucks. Give the hardware/software away and overcharge for the consumables = maximize profit. .

2 Likes

Yes… I saw (in general), you need to preorder. For sure, $50 is pretty cheap.

Per your comment… “Blink has a NASTY habit of releasing things way too early aka not enough beta testing was done.”. But, Blink announced a video doorbell some years ago. Everyone was waiting and, waiting and, waiting. They even showed the prototype at some consumer show. Anyways, they’ve had plenty of time to get it “right.” Well, guess they sold their more expensive Ring video doorbells.

Clips can be saved to usb of using a Sync Module 2 with USB. You might be correct about not enough testing done :wink:

1 Like

Why would a new customer buying a Blink doorbell also purchase a sync module 2? Especially when local usb storage is well documented here within this forum to be an absolute cluster F terrible rollout. So bad that Amazon kept extending free trial, free trial, free trial of cloud storage so you couldn’t even test out much less use local usb storage.

1 Like

This doorbell cam will likely have limited features and not perform as well as Ring with subscription. Still, better to have low features battery cams than no cams at all. But there are better options.

2 Likes

Kind of funny seeing the floodlight option now. I pretty much made up my own several months ago for the cost of a $13.99 solar and motion floodlight from Amazon.
And if you leave the IR turned off it records pretty well in color.

Screenshot 2021-09-29 123234

1 Like

I followed the link to the Amazon listing. You can’t even buy the solar mount by itself-you have to buy it with a new camera. Checked the Amazon “Blink Store”, same. One thing to make new features require newer cameras, but this isn’t a feature-it’s an accessory that should be available separately

1 Like

How many years now? 4? 5? I can’t remember. And it’s pretty much the same announcement as before only now there is a pretty picture. I’ll believe it when I see it with a “buy now” button.

1 Like

Yeah… For sure.

I don’t think they’ll sell too many. But, I could be wrong. LOL

1 Like

Wasserstein on Amazon made a floodlight mount for Blink cams months ago

1 Like