So my all my Blink systems failed a month ago after running seamlessly for a couple years. I ended up removing all systems and readding to my account via the Blink app. Sync module connected up fine but the cameras wouldn’t, presenting this very issue.
Thanks to all for the contributions on this thread and a few others here in the forums, unfortunately like the OP, they all failed for me and I reached out to Blink support who ended up fobbing me off due to warranty being expired on my cameras. Quite appalling really…as I am adament this was caused by wobbly firmware.
Nevertheless, in the spirit of sharing, I stumbled on another ridiculous solution to this problem.
- Restarting camera
- Restarting sync module
- Restarting router
- Removing camera
- Parking myself and the devices right next to the router
- Switched WiFi channels
- Tried another WiFi network entirely
- Rolling back firmware on sync module
- Trying all manner of reset button combinations on module and camera
- Changed batteries
- Hardwired camera
- Sobbed a little
- Cursed Blink
- Cursed Amazon
- Confirmed network was excellent with RouteThis and Blink support
- Cleared app caches
- Reinstalled app
- Verified discrepancies in firmware versions on module and cameras
After Blink support fobbed me off, and I was resigned to binning the system off, not wanting to be defeated I had one last go, thinking outside the box with the intention of selling the system. What would happen if I sold the system to another party and they had the same issue? Wasn’t going to do that decided to test that very scenario.
So here’s what I did to test and eventually resolve.
- Remove module from system and account in Blink app
- Created a secondary Blink account
- Connected the module to that
- Connected camera to module - It worked! At this point the camera received a firmware update
- Tested all camera functionality in secondary account. All good
- Removed camera from new account
- Removed module from new account
- Removed system from new account for good measure
- Logged back into my original Blink account on the App
- Added module
- Added camera
- Tested. All functional
Rinse repeat for other failing cameras and I was up and running again. Terrible method to fix but it worked. Might keep the secondary account live for future troubleshooting in case this or something similar happens again.
May well help someone else who comes across this thread as I did.