Community Wishlist For App & Camera Upgrades

I think it is necessary to have an option to record longer or even indefinite periods of time.
if you are using this as a portable nanny-cam, you are only going to catch what happens in the first minute at the most.
Each sync module has a specific storage amount so there is no harm in allowing the camera to record as much as necessary, but can big significant harm in not recording enough.

Here is something I think was not covered.
Why have a Continue? button during Live View.
If you are viewing it live, you don’t need to tell it to continue.
Currently, when I am watching the front of my house when someone is supposed to be stopping by or a package delivered, I shouldn’t have to hit Continue? every 20 seconds or so.
An End button constantly on the screen is much more realistic and efficient, especially in conjunction with a record live option.

4 Likes

I second this idea by @DPChristman . We should not need to press the “Continue” button in Live View. We need a “Record” button instead @nick_at_blink.

6 Likes

I third that idea , I hate the continue button.

Here is a feature I would love to see and not sure if its been brought up…

A parental control feature would be nice or the ability to have a guest or read(watch)-only option. I would love for my kids to be able to view the camera’s and clips but not to be able to make any changes or delete any videos…

Maybe make it so there is the option to turn on this option and then require a seperate passcode or re-enter the password to be able make any changes like turn motion on or off or view/change settings…

I don’t think it would be that hard to implement either…

2 Likes

@nick_at_blink, @JeffS mentioned this in another thread (Blink XT too sensitive), although in all fairness it has been posted by @A_Person & @jacobjees above, which made me think about bringing a bit more attention to the concept.

While I have no idea of the level of difficulty in implementing this ‘individual camera notification option’, personally speaking it would be a great option for me … and it looks like at least a few others agree.

cc: @Anand_at_Blink

5 Likes

Count me in

Can we add an ability to disable the blue recording light on the interior Blink model?

3 Likes

Hi @mbolch,

I think this may be a current hardware limitation, as the XT camera has a switch built in, to turn it off. However, perhaps we will see this option in a future version of the indoor camera!

electrical tape

Those of us with multiple cameras and/or cameras at multiple locations would like the ability to turn notifications on/off by individual camera. AND have the ability to partition cloud storage by camera. I have been holding off on buying more cameras for these reasons alone. Some cameras capture more activity and either I don’t need to be notified of every trigger or I need to segregate storage so a single camera doesn’t consume all storage causing files from other cameras to be deleted.

3 Likes

You can already toggle each camera on/ off individually by hitting the running man icon when the entire system is armed

@nick_at_blink, did you ever find out what the status of the USB port was? Are there still plans to make it possible to record to local storage?

Don’t think they ever said they were planning to do this, or am I remembering wrong?

I’d be surprised if they ever do.

Not sure if this is the right spot for this but has there been any talk of adding geofencing without the $10 seecurity service, also is there an Eta on when the door sensors will be available?

I asked about the geofencing in another thread and looks like there are ways to do it but nothing about Blink actually adding it in at some point as a new feature other than the seecurity plan.

Is it possible to auto arm all cameras when your app connected cell phone is out of range of home WiFi and then auto reset back to a chosen state per individual camera once home WiFi is once again connected to app connected cell phone?

1 Like

They promised this function during their Kickstarter campaign.

Ah i see, I wasn’t a kickstarter backer.

In that case I’d say it’s not looking good. Without paying for it when they release the seecurity system I mean.

You can do this if you integrate Blink with SmartThings and RBoy’s Blink application. When both my wife and I leave our GeoFence, SmartThings automatically arms the cameras I’ve configured in “Armed” mode. When either of us returns to our GeoFence, it will disarm them. Additionally, you can also write rules which can arm/disarm certain cameras at specified times, adjust sensitivity levels, etc.

Sounds great and all but I’m not looking to spend another $100 on things and subscriptions. Would be great though if you could set it from within blinks app. Thanks for the quick reply. I still may consider it. Just noticed that blink now works with IFTTT. I’ll play around with that for a while and see if I can’t get something close to what I’m looking for.