Community Wishlist For App & Camera Upgrades

You’ll find requests for improvements and new ideas scattered throughout the blink forum, so this thread is intended to consolidate and manage the communities “wishlist” into a central location for everyone’s benefit.

This initial post is by no means a complete list, nor is it in any particular order (except for the first item). Please add to it and let’s keep the blink development teams up to speed on ways to improve their product.

• Resolve XT camera hypersensitivity issue (personally think this is a priority)

• Upgrade to 1080p capability

• Motion detection masking

• Ability to use blink app in browser

• Option to record in live view

• Zoom capability during video playback

• Bring siren modules online

• Option to have date/time/camera name embedded on video clips

• Ability to schedule individual cameras

• Ability to change camera order in app

• Ability to rotate camera view from landscape to portrait

• Camera sleep mode with preset times to temporarily disarm an individual camera (15 min, 30 min, 60 min, 90 min, 2 hour, 3 hour options in a drop down menu)

• Option to flag and lock individual video clip to prevent it from being deleted

• 2 step account verification

**Please note that I did not include 2-way audio, improved camera mounts, and camera covers with visors in the above list because they would require new hardware to be introduced as opposed to firmware updates to the existing app, cameras, & sync module.

22 Likes

Looks complete to me. I agree the XT hypersensitivity issue is number 1. Don’t really care about geo fencing or smart home integration for now. Blink needs to get the basics down first.

Coincidentally, one i posted earlier today under Community Creations>Misc:

Not this particular device (too expensive for what it is), but something like a remote controlled turntable mount for the camera would be genius.

See link below
http://www.studiotent.com/Remote_control_photography_turntable_spinning_360degree_product1

Actually something like this may work.

Video (not mine) of the use of motorized Pan
VidPro MH-360 motorised pan head test
Seems like it is something Blink could easily come up with, and sell as an add on - I’ll send them my address so you know where to send the checks :wink:

That’s hardware related, not something that can be accomplished with a firmware update to existing equipment. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You are correct. Tried to delete the post - don’t know if it took

Good start to the list but I’ll add these:

Push notifications for sync module/camera offline , low camera battery

Live view zoom in Android App (my idea)

Bulk download of all/multiple recorded clips

Improve Echo skills , currently awkward at best. Support Echo show.

Customized app notification sound (my idea)

Show camera serial numbers / software version of cameras in app (my idea)

Wink/Smart Things integration

Parallel chained triggered recording

Ability to merge multiple sync modules into one system (my idea)

Notifications on a per camera basis (my idea)

5 Likes

Already have low battery notification. At least in Android

1 Like

You receive a push notification or only when you open the app? I’ve only had two cameras die on me the entire time I’ve owned Blink (close to 2 years) but I never received a push notification the battery was low, or any notification at all for that matter

Thank you @Capn, @A_Person, @DPChristman and @ronsec,

That is incredibly helpful. Perhaps you guys can help me with something… A user suggested last week that I implement a rating system through the forum so you guys can show us your priorities. I am thinking of making a subcategory that would be devoted to some sort of poll/surveymonkey that would be ongoing and allow users to vote on features based on “type.” This would be extremely useful for us, and we can quantitatively see what the biggest priorities are for you guys! If you guys have any thoughts on what this could look like it would be extremely helpful for me, as I haven’t determined what the best approach would be.

3 Likes

Maybe something like this:

Rate the importance of the following features to you with 1 being the least important and 5 as the most important.

Camera Sensitivity 1 2 3 4 5

New Cam Mount 1 2 3 4 5

Then just add the numbers. You get the idea. No room for comments, nothing can be added.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea for instant feedback. Just create a thread on which you will post updates and post a link to a quick surway which we can keep track off.

@nick_at_blink really like the idea by @ronsec of the direct and simple approach by rating each upgrade with a numeric scale, and nothing else.

Kudos!!

4 Likes

Since I’m on a roll (LOL) I have one more suggestion. Don’t bury the survey in the forum. Maybe put a notation on the top of the Home page after “Bookmarks” - TAKE OUR SURVEY- and link it to the survey. Also be sure it is set up so a person can only take the survey one time.

2 Likes

Sensitivity 5, i dont care about the mount

Those were meant as examples, not the actual survey questions. I would hope there would be more than 2 upgrades to vote on!

1 Like

Agreed, sticky the survey at the top of the forum

A little bit of HTML formatting here(Not sure if copy paste will help others to add it(Trying only so please be patient:

Wish List User Sign
Resolve XT camera hypersensitivity issue @jacobjees
Motion detection masking Doe
Ability to use blink app in browser Doe
Option to record in live view @jacobjees
Ability to use blink app in browser @jacobjees
Zoom capability during video playback Doe
Bring siren modules online Doe
Option to have date/time/camera name embedded on video clips @jacobjees
Ability to schedule individual cameras @jacobjees
Ability to change camera order in appv Doe
Ability to rotate camera view from landscape to portrait Doe
Camera sleep mode with preset times to temporarily disarm an individual camera (15 min, 30 min, 60 min, 90 min, 2 hour, 3 hour options in a drop down menu) Doe
Option to flag and lock individual video clip to prevent it from being deleted Doe
2 step account verification Doe
Download all options @jacobjees
Individual camera notification control @jacobjees
Add New Doe
Add New Doe
Add New Doe
Add New Doe
1 Like

running out of time let me figure out a way for others to sign in, else we may have to use a google spread sheet or something which @nick_at_blink can initiate and we will start signing

Yeah Google docs sounds like a better idea

I would say at least till we have something solid here its good to have a spread sheet and allow each user to vote on the list they need most wanted and based on a score of 1-3 ( to make calculations easy…

1 Like