Change Camera Order

I would like to suggest adding the option of changing the camera order in the app. I recently added two XTs and it would be really nice to be able to play with the order of the cameras. It appears that right now, the only way to do this is to delete each camera and rediscover them in the order I’d like them to appear in the app.

25 Likes

Hi,

The app team has been looking for better ways to help people use their blink system and it’s really helpful to get the feedback. Thanks for the suggestion!

-Julian

2 Likes

I second this request, if you add/remove cameras it can throw off the logical ordering of your cameras in the app

5 Likes

Great suggestion and I was thinking the same. I like to have mine listed as they are located along the house.

5 Likes

I’d like this function too… seems like a simple fix to just drag and drop or use the IOS’s normal sorting feature like in notes or favorites

1 Like

I support as well. I name my cameras based on the order I set them up (Camera 1, Camera 2, etc…) but sometimes I will delete one to add it to another sync module when I’m tinkering. So when I set it up with the original name, it is out of order. Really not a big deal, but it seems like it would be a simple update to be able to adjust the order it is presented in the app.

1 Like

I whole heartedly agree with this suggestion. My dog got a hold of one of my cameras (miraculously it still worked after a while) and I had to replace it, and now the order of my cameras is all out of whack - and I have a lot of cameras!

1 Like

This would be a great thing to be able to order my camreas by group or by location.

2 Likes

It would also be cool if the camera snapshots were a little smaller or could at least be resized. Only 2 cameras fit on my phone’s screen at once I have to scroll to see the 3rd. Maybe even just a list by name with no image since the snapshot does not really serve much purpose.

4 Likes

Your issue and suggestion is a result of only using three (3) cameras and wishing that they were all visible on the same phone screen, but I completely disagree with ya on this. For those of us using several cameras across multiple systems the ‘snapshot’ is an immediate way to recognize a particular camera and either scroll past it or stop and access it’s live view or settings.

While there is never going to be a one size fits all/pleases all solution, I, for one, like the ‘snapshots’ and hope they stay.

4 Likes

I just set up my first 3 Blinks yesterday and right away I noticed that I could nor re-order them. I too would like to be able to change the order.

3 Likes

I agree. This is definitely a need.

2 Likes

I want to add my YES to this request. I have used several webcam apps and “connected home” apps. All the ones I use/used have the ability to select the order of items. Most used the drag & drop functionality in edit mode. Multiple views would be nice too (grid, list), but order is the big one for me.

5 Likes

I sent a request to support asking for this functionality several months ago. I think it should be on the top of their to-do list. Those of us with many cameras, and adding more all the time, really need to be able to easily put them in a logical order.

5 Likes

Yep I requested this over a year ago.

1 Like

+1 for this feature.

2 Likes

+1 - Would be handy

2 Likes

Would absolutely agree with this. Have just set up and installed your 5 Camera system. The only way I can re order them in the app is to delete and re set up with is silly. Would be really helpful to simply be able to drag and drop the screen to allow for an easier route to follow round the cameras. Brilliant product none the less. Love it.

2 Likes

Yea we need this functionality! C’mon guys get it sorted?

4 Likes

Agree, was looking for this option this morning.

2 Likes