"Camera serial already registered to a different account"

I purchased a 5 camera system used from Amazon. I was able to reset the sync module but when attempting to add a camera i got the error “Camera serial already registered to a different account”. Any suggestions how to reset the camera’s?

1 Like

Hello @cgracing,

This is something we need to fix. If you could, please answer back with the 9-digit camera serial number and attach a copy of the Amazon reciept or even cut and paste the text from the receipt directly into this reply box, I will handle from our end it immediately so you can get your camera working

Thanks

1 Like

The Camera serial #'s are - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Amazon receipt info is as follows –
Final Details for Order #XXX-XXX-XXXX

Order Placed: June 23, 2017
Amazon.com order number: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Order Total: $XXX.XX

Shipped on June 25, 2017

Items Ordered Price
1 of: Blink Home Security Camera System for Your Smartphone with Motion Detection, HD Video, 2 Year Battery and Cloud Storage Included - 5 Camera Kit
Sold by: Warehouse Deals, Inc

Condition: Used - Very Good
Item will come repackaged. $XXX.XX

Shipping Speed:
Two-Day Shipping
Item(s) Subtotal: $XXX.XX
Shipping & Handling: $XXX.XX

Total for This Shipment: $XXX.XX
-----
Grand Total: $XXX.XX
Payment Method:
American Express | Last digits: XXXX

Thanks.

Hi @cgracing,

This has been taken care of. I am so sorry for the inconvenience. Let me know if you have any issues during the rest of the system setup. :slight_smile:

As an afterthought, I went ahead and wiped most of the receipt info in this post. It was not a big deal, but I thought it best to scrub it anyway.

2 Likes

Thank you for the support. Unfortunately one of the cameras still does not function, providing the same error. Camera serial # - xxx-xxx-xxx. Please resolve.

Also four of the batteries provided keep failing. Can you use regular double AA batteries? Can I get replacement batteries sent via warranty?

Thanks.

Hi @cgracing,

Sorry about that. The camera issue is fixed now.

For the battery/warranty issue, you need to go to http://support.blinkforhome.com/ and create a ticket.

In general, you want to use high quality lithium non-rechargeable batteries. The absolute best are the Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries. We have tested batteries extensively, and nothing is as good as them for longevity in our systems.

1 Like

Hi! I am afraid I have the same problem as cgracing. I bought 2-camera system, bungled the first install, reset everything (I thought) - even created a new account - but when I try and install cameras I get ‘camera already registered…’
Is there no way I can remove camera from my account(s) myself and start again please? (i.e. without you having to do something your end?). I have also just received 2 new XT cameras which I would like to setup but I don’t want to start on that until we sort out the current problems…
Thanks.

Hi @Billz,

Thanks for reaching out to us via our Community Forum.

Researching information based upon your account here on the Forum, we were able to locate your hardware. It looks like the cameras and sync module were still registered to the other account you had created but set for deletion. This other e-mail is now cleared which will release the hardware for use. Please follow the App instructions to get your Module back to your desired account then follow the camera’s add-on process. If you continue to experience any issues then please let us know.

Hi! Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly on the 4th July!
Can I just confirm whether you mean I should use my original account and add cameras (the non ‘new…’ account or use the second account please? Thanks!

Hi @Billz,

You should be able to use your new account as the cameras are now deleted from your old one.
Let us know if you have any other questions or if we can help you with anything else!

Hi Nick,

I’ve now got one of the cameras working ok - but I am still having problems with the second. Could you please delete the one that isn’t currently active please - then I will try again.
The problem seems to be I get ‘system busy’ when I try to add camera - then eventually I get ‘camera already registered’. I think I have to add camera - then just wait - it then seems to then come online sometime later.
Thanks

Hi @Billz,

Reviewing your account it seems that the issue is related to your network configuration. On our end, we can see that the additional camera is being blocked when trying to add to the account. I will initiate a Support Ticket for you to help track and provide additional steps for resolution.

Hi guys. I did a bit of a network overhaul and it appears I had two routers with DHCP enabled so I fixed that. (And also moved both onto same subnet) things seem fine now and I have both original cameras working plus I installed the new XT and that is working too! Many thanks for the quick feedback which pointed me in the right direction to sort out. Cheers!

1 Like

Hi. I’m having the same problem. Purchased the 3 XT Camera Kit and another add on XT Camera from Amazon. Sync module setup and Add On Camera installed fine up and working, however the other 3 cameras that came with bundle is synced to different accounts. Please help!!!

Hi @ADS,

We see that you have created another post in regards to your issue. To my understanding, the issue has been resolved. Please let us know if you continue to experience issues or you can initiate a Support Ticket for any other inquires.

hi, i have the same problem. i bought 3 cameras from amazon and 1 is working good, but the other 2 are saying that they are registered to a different account.
please help

Hi @micael,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I see you’ve created a support ticket and I have responded to you there with more information. At the moment your cameras are all set and ready to be added.

I just bought a unit with three cameras and it says already registered. Please help.

Hi @Jeff_Sternberg,

Sorry you are having this issue. I just sent you a message to help you resolve this.

Thanks!

Did u email me the response or message me here? I did not get one. My email isjds141@optonline.net