Camera out of focus after falling

I had an indoor camera sitting on a chest of drawers that got knocked to the floor. Now, the image is out of focus. Motion detection is working, as is live-feed and recording. Any way to adjust the focus or otherwise correct the issue? Are there any instructions for opening the camera body to check for dislodged components? I suspect the PIR has come loose from the lens, but don’t see an obvious method to open the camera to check.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike

Hi @mf3868,

Sorry that this happened! I think your best option is to contact support and see if there is anything they can do to resolve this issue. You can either submit a support ticket or call us at (781) 332-5465 in the US or +441158384189 in the UK. I am not aware of any way to adjust the focus. Something easy you can try before calling support is to remove and reinsert the batteries into your camera, however I am not sure if this will solve the problem for you.

It is is not covered for you I had the same thing happen to me. If you look closely you will notice that the front lens can be twisted after you get a bead of glue to release. I was able to use that to adjust the focus back to being clear on one of my indoor blinks where the two sided tape failed.

2 Likes

Thank you! This worked for me

This worked for me!
I used a pair of nose pliers to twist the outer black circular plastic gently counter clockwise.