Camera acting as a security light

I couldn’t find a place to ask this question, so here it is. Tonight my XT2 cameras (only 2 of them) have started illuminating the area where there’s motion. I have several cameras, but these are the only ones doing it and I never noticed them doing it before. Are they supposed to do that?

Define illuminating. You mean like the camera view area has night vision in the video clips. Or like a flood light bulb so a human eye can see night turn into daylight.

Like a flood light so that the human eye can see.

Film that with your phone camera and post it here via YouTube. You may become Blink’s free prize winner for the month of September.

1 Like

Since none of Blink outdoor cams have a flood or spotlight it’s impossible for the Blink cam to be doing this. The old, white indoor cams have an LED that would do as you say.

I sent in a clip showing what I was seeing. I know that there is a simple explanation for what I saw, but it is still curious. I took it down and double checked it and for sure, it doesn’t have any place for the light to come out. I don’t know how to upload it. Another thing I noticed that might have been happening, is that two of them might have been responding to each other.

Is the clip B&W? My night vision clips are quite good…and quite bright!

I have to see this! Have someone help you upload the video.

I’ll try to upload it, but not sure how. I noticed that it’s not doing it anymore, but thank goodness I downloaded it. I’m sure there’s a simple explanation, but it was kind of crazy lol

I can’t figure out how to upload a few pictures of it, so don’t give up on me. BTW, this is his wife, Sue who has been posting

I keep checking it out to make sure that it wasn’t a reflection of the flashlight, but I can see where it’s still on when he’s turned away from the cameras, and other times nobody is out there. I don’t think there’s anything on the cameras where there could be that big of a reflection, and only 2 of them are doing it. Lately I haven’t noticed whether or not they’re still doing it.

Try shutting the spotlight off and take a picture of the camera.