Browser app?

I’m using Blink XT cams in conjunction with other cameras I bought prior to the Blink XTs. The other cameras have the ability to monitor the cameras from an app in a desktop browser. The LTE signal and WiFi in my place of employment is not very good, and I am unable to monitor the live feed from my Blink set-up, nor can I view any new saved clips until I get home to my WiFi connection.

My apologies if this has already been covered and I simply missed it. I hope it’s on somebody’s radar somewhere!

dvarve

5 Likes

Currently this is no web version of the app available. Others have requested this feature as well, so Blink is definitely aware and I can only assume it’s in future plans, but maybe not in the near future.

1 Like

I honestly dont see it as a priority for them they are a small team and I think enhancing the mobile apps/ home automation integration will come first. Most people use phones and tablets for communication and media consumption these days anyway, desktops have been relegated to content creation and gaming for the most part. Another thing to consider is how would alerts and notifications be handled if it’s a web based service? I think a desktop app would make more sense as it would be be able to push alerts and notifications.

@xotech monitors his cameras on a desktop using an android emulator. You could look into that to see if it meets your needs, just keep in mind that’s very much an unofficial workaround. So if you try it, probably best to keep your expectations low at first and you shouldn’t expect support to help troubleshoot any issues you may run into.

But give it a shot and let us know how it goes!

3 Likes

I have used BlueStacks for running Android applications on my PC before.

Dup thread: View via Web Browser Needed

2 Likes

Use the NOX app

2 Likes

I betcha ya you are wrong on the desktop integration for people. You can do so much more on a desktop with things. I’m not gonna go into why it’s better but thee is definitely software that would enhance the experience but would take away $$$ from the team.

2 Likes

Use Blue Stacks App Player. It works awesome plus you can use other Apps from Android

Android Emulator supported with investment from Intel, Samsung, Qualcomm and AMD

But, Google Chromebooks don’t offer Blue Stacks. All I can find on my Chromebook don’t seem to be compatible with my pc.
Any other suggestions?

Could someone please tell me how to use such emulator? I have one on my Chromebook but I am unsure as to how to use it and how to get to Blink Security to be able to find it on my emulator?
Thanks for any help you can give.

I use blue stacks and it is outstanding.
The Blink Android app works seamlessly with it.
I like the bigger picture better colors.

I did have to modify the BIOS to allow virtualization.

What this also does is, allow me to run Android apps on my PC in it’s own environment.

1 Like