Blink Subscription Plan for cameras

I have been looking over the Subscription Plans as I have received a message that my free trial expires in 25 days. While I feel not being told about this earlier is upsetting, I also realize that there is nothing I can do about it if I want to review motion that happened overnight. My question is… Do all of my cameras need a subscription? I have seen where it says XT and XT2 do not, but the Subscription FAQs are very confusing. I have 3 XT2 cameras and 2 Blink Outdoor (3rd Gen) cameras that were purchased 1/19/2021. Which ones absolutely have to have a subscription in order to view any clips that happen when I am not able to see what is happening live?

This is Blink’s support website aka the owner’s manual. https://support.blinkforhome.com/

The VERY FIRST square in the upper left is dedicated to subscriptions. It tells you what you need to know.

Thank you. I have read that already. That was the confusing part. Says eligible (not required) for plan but also says free cloud storage for XT and XT2

If you have XT with Sync Module 1, you are an old long standing customer. THIS is what I would pay attention to. If you really read all of it, you would have also read this.

Is a Blink Subscription Plan required to use my Blink products?
No. Your Blink products provide their standard features (such as motion alerts, live view, and two-way audio) without any subscription. Blink Subscription Plans offer additional features for those who want them.

If your account was created on or before April 15th, 2020, you will continue to have access to 7200s (2 hours) of free cloud storage and other features for any devices set up in your account. You can choose to upgrade to unlimited video recording by purchasing a Blink Subscription Plan at any time. Click here to learn more.

I am actually a new customer that bought the XT cameras used. I asked the question because I was seeing 2 different statements that I wanted clarity on. I see now that the Blink forums are not the place to ask questions

This has been hashed over on this forum MANY times. Maybe it’s easier to understand with this Blink chart. XT and XT2 no matter when they are bought, get the free limited cloud storage, not so with the newer cameras unless you had a Blink account before April, 2020. New accounts after that must have subscription for full function of the new cameras. Your first post wasn’t clear to me. I wondered if you bought all the cameras 1/19/2021 then opened a Blink account or did you already have a Blink account with XT2s then later you bought Outdoor cams 1/19/2021? Your last post seems to indicate you didn’t have a Blink account until 2021. If so then you will need a subscription for full function of the Outdoor cameras. Or you could use a sync module 2 with memory stick to store the Outdoor cam videos. Your XT and XT2s should continue to function without subscription. Sorry if I’m mistaken about this. I don’t have any new Blink cameras. Don’t want them, don’t want to pay subscription. I’ll keep using my XT2s for now.

Day after day, week after week, the same exact thing happens over and over again in this forum. That thing is…as the message thread progresses, the details and clarity come out. As such, the people here are only GUESSING at what your situation is. We do not know your specifics until you tell us. Unknown specifics = assumptions and guesses are often wrong.

If you would have told us…I am actually a new customer that bought the XT cameras used…the conversation thread would have gone a different direction. So different you would have recieved responses like OMG you bought a preowned camera AND you got it to work? Congratulations as 90% of those that do, can’t get it to work due to camera already being pre-registred via the previous owners account.

So when you read on Blink’s documentation of XT and XT-2 owners not needing a subscription, there is also that detail of WHEN did the owner activate their system. As you know, April 15th, 2020 is the magic cutoff date for being grandfathered in.

This is indeed the place to ask questions. But you are in a community forum. You are not in Blink tech support. A community forum = you will get all kinds of answers, including wrong answers, comments, trolls, sarcasm, but mostly you will get correct answers assuming the story you tell right up front is complete and accurate. .

My free trial expired, now it’s stopped recording. Blink says subscription is only needed for storage. All I want to do is view clips. Blink confuses a lot 9f Customers.

I ended up buying new XT2 cameras to replace my Outdoor Cameras (3rd Gen). No subscription needed to still view clips on mobile device. Still retained full functionality.

I received help from Blink directly that made the policy clear and what my options were. I ended up buying new XT2 cameras to replace my Outdoor Cameras (3rd Gen). No subscription needed to still view clips on mobile device. Still retained full functionality with no subscription.

1 Like

Full functionality as it relates to sync module 1 yes.
As it relates to sync module 2…nope. Although if you’re like my situation, the new features have no value for me. Sometimes old is better than new.