Blink Minis keep losing internet connection- Red LED

I have 2 Blink Minis installed which will function for some time and then eventually display a solid red led.

Resetting the cameras via the push button returns them to operational after having them rejoin my wifi network. These 2 cameras are close to my access point and signal strength in the Blink app displays as strong. I have 4 other Blink XT cameras which are outside and further away which do not have this problem.

Blink Minis are at firmware v9.63

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Not that I have one, but a search of the forum will reveal all sorts of issues with the mini cameras, the most common of which seems to be them going offline on a regular basis. There are tips and tricks to overcome this, though at best they are workarounds.

I opened a case with Blink tech support and here is the reply:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Blink Technical Support. I will be more than happy to assist you.

To isolate this issue, please reboot the camera by unplugging it from the power outlet then plug it back in after 30 seconds.

If the issue persists, please delete and re-add the camera.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks.

For faster resolution, you can reach us at (781) 332-5465 (US) or +44 1158 384189 (EU), this line is active 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

I will give this a try and report back with my findings.

Well neither of these 2 suggestions worked for more than a few hours.

Both mini’s offline again.

Another reply from Blink tech support:

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us it appeared that your Mini camera is affected by the ongoing issue with the Mini cameras, we apologized. Our team is currently working on a permanent solution for this issue. As of today, as a temporary solution, please create scheduling of arming of your system, in that way once the scheduled arming kicks in it will eliminate the red LED light and your camera will work again. Tap HERE​ to learn how to create a scheduled arming.

Well at least they are now admitting there is a problem with the mini cameras.

I’ve tried this workaround by creating a schedule to disarm/rearm my cameras every 4 hours. The Mini’s still go offline.

Honestly I expected much better from an Amazon company.

Guess I’ll look at Lorex instead.

1 Like