Blink mini sound issue

I just received the new blink mini. When I pull up the live view of the camera on my phone, there is a horrible squealing noise. (Feedback). I even went to a completely different part of the house to view the live feed, but the noise is still there. The room is a quiet room.

Any ideas on how to remove the squealing noise?

The only time that happens usually. is the phone being too close creating feedback. I was in a room about 30ft from the cam and it still did it.

Have someone go 50ft or further and hep you test. If it still does it CALL tech support. No email.

I purchased two mini blink cameras and set them up today. I also receive feedback and a loud squealing noise in both cameras. When I tap and hold the talk button, I receive so much feedback and static when I’m trying to speak to speak to a person in the room. It also cuts off some of my words. So far, not real happy with the camera’s.

No matter how far away I am from the camera, the noise is still there.

Test that camera out as a baby monitor. Person 1 in a bedroom with door closed. Person 2 in living room with mobile app. Does feedback go away when you talk to person 1?

My first one works great. Try turning the speaker down a bit in the menu, and turn your phone volume down. If you are too close it will feedback as with any other camera with sound. Also, make sure you take the plastic protective covering that covers the microphone.

Okay I called tech support and we went through several tests on both of my mini blink cameras, failed the test so they sent me two more. I just received my two mini cameras that tech support sent me today. I just set up one of the cameras and I’m still having the same issue. I have walked out of the room and I’m about 50 feet away from the actual blink camera. I placed the volume down on the blink camera and raise the volume on my phone, and then I raised the volume on the blink camera and lowered the volume on the phone, still the same issue. At this point I’m really not happy with the inability to speak to someone through the blink camera.

It’s really quite simple to establish if it is feedback or not. If it does it when you are in your car, when you are outside of the house, then there is no possible way that it can be feedback, in the usual sense. Could be something odd going on at camera only level, not involving the app, but again, if it still does it when you sit in your car, outside, with the camera inside the house, it is not feedback.

If it does it when you do that, you can then go back to support and advise them of same.

Next, can you invoke a recording from the app? With an XT2, you can ask it to save a live view. If you can, turn off the volume on your phone, completely, and set it to save your live view. If that live view recording, still has ‘feedback’, again, it isn’t traditional feedback, and second, you will now have a video that you can upload to youtube, and be able to send support the link.

Post it up here too. Hearing it will be interesting, and will help others.

As a matter of interest, when I have feedback, real feedback, when I am near a camera with the app, it always builds incrementally, from 0 to very loud, over a good 5 or 10 seconds. I can reset it to the start of this timeline, repeatedly, by simply putting my thumb over the phone’s speaker.

If ever I am doing some test where I need to be near, that’s all I do to stop it, but this is with correctly working items, which is seemingly not your issue.

How in the hecik did you get blink to open a ticket, diagnose it, get you an RMA, and send you two more cameras…in 5 days.

Just purchased Blink Mini and received it today. I added it to our 3 cam system. I’m getting the same loud squealing feedback, when I use LiveView. Only on the new Blink Mini cam.

It starts out quiet and gets louder and louder the longer I stay in LiveView. Doesn’t matter if I adjust volumes on either my phone or the app.

This has to be a well known issue if others are having the same problem.

We got ours during “Prime Day”. Ordered a two pack of blink minis. They installed perfectly and were very easy but had feedback as soon as we looked at them on our phones. It doesn’t matter what room you’re in, or for that matter what state you’re in. We checked ours from two phones and two iPads while we were in Vegas on vacation and still got the same feedback. I’d love to get some answers.

We got ours during “Prime Day”. Ordered a two pack of blink minis. They installed perfectly and were very easy but had feedback as soon as we looked at them on our phones. It doesn’t matter what room you’re in, or for that matter what state you’re in. We checked ours from two phones and two iPads while we were in Vegas on vacation and still got the same feedback. I’d love to get some answers. Thanks amazon

I am also having sound issues with the Blink mini camera - went outside and sat in car pressed the talk icon on the app and the message is garbled coming from the camera - should I send it back?