First day we noticed we had an issue, I’d left some chocolate out overnight, and when I went to eat some, it looked all chewed on the edge. Looked closely under the magnifying glass, and could see the telltale parallel lines of the front two teeth of a mouse.
Spent the next two hours searching, and then cleaning a cupboard, where it had obviously been. Also, sealed up some pipe holes with expanding foam, but to no avail.
Had no mouse traps, so ordered a pair of humane traps from Amazon, for a tenner, and waited for them to arrive.
In the meantime, with another night to pass, I redeployed all my Blink cameras around the kitchen. So easy with the WiFi connectivity, and battery power, and will be able to put them back up in a flash, once I confirm the problem is resolved.
First night, a chunk of chocolate, in location where it had been chewing on the block.
Sometime after, having a little wander.
Next day, traps arrived, and were deployed with cameras watching.
A little later, after many wandering around videos, success.
Blink notification stirred me at around 2:30AM, and by about 2:50AM it was captured, and all caught on video. By 3:10AM, it was released in a field around 3 miles away. Didn’t want it scared in there all night. Probably traumatic enough as it was, though it seemed to happily carry on munching, after the initial shock.