Attempted burglary. Burglar caught

My wife and I just purchased the Blink XT with 4 cameras last Thursday. This incident happened on Tuesday. It was his 3rd arrest on burglary, this one attempted burglary, and definitely breaking and entering on a very long rap sheet the officer said…

5 Likes

I’d like more details if possible.
Did he actually get into your house?
How did police catch him?
Was it in your house he was caught?
Did the blink camera identify him?
Do you have a Blink video clip you can post?(I’d like to see the entire video :slight_smile: )

1 Like

No he didn’t get in. As soon as I got the alert I called 911 and luckily the police weren’t that far away. He led them on a foot chase for a couple of blocks before being apprehended.

I tried posting the video clip but it’s too long to post according to the forum format?

3 Likes

Upload to youtube then paste the link. That’s the best way.

1 Like
2 Likes

Wow! How scary!
Great capture of his face too.
@nick_at_blink did you see this?

1 Like

I’m glad you busted his azz , I hate thieves .:angry:

3 Likes

Wow! Thanks for tagging me @Mark_Griffith. I’m so glad to hear he was caught!

1 Like

Where was that camera mounted? I struggle debating with myself if best to capture video as they approach or depart as yours is.

Glad You & Yours are OK - freaking thieves!

1 Like

I think the creepiest thing for me is the audio, don’t know why.

1 Like

@AV8TOR it was just sitting on a small shelf just on the side of the outside door leading into the laundry room. I have since moved it and mounted it above the laundry room door looking down at the same spot.

Just an update. The guy that got caught has already served 5 years for 2nd degree burglary. He’s still detained and being charged with 1st degree burglary now. He’s 31yrs old and trying his best to spend his adulthood behind bars.

1 Like

just curious, is the 1st degree charge stemming from him being on your property or another incident?

This is horrifying! So glad you received your alert in time and the police were nearby. Makes me feel more comfortable with the device.