Arm/disarm Blink using Ring Security System (not doorbell) keypad

I have a simple 2 camera (indoor) Blink system. I also have a Ring security system (door sensors, motion sensors, keypads, etc).

I would like to be able to arm the blink system using the Ring keypad - currently I am using IFTTT and geofencing to arm and disarm Blink, but that does not work reliably or quickly enough in many cases.

Is what I am asking for possible?

Thanks

I can’t tell you if there is any way to link the keypad to the Blink system, but maybe that can be done via IFTTT?

Either way, what I can tell you is that if you use the geo location service from Life 360, in IFTTT, then it will work a treat.

It was suggested to me by @marktheknife for the same reason you stated, the native IFTTT geo-location is unreliable at best. Useless is how I would describe it. On complaining about it he mentioned that Life360 works very well, and this has proved to be the case for me.

I think he uses a further different location service now, that also works well, but I don’t recall the name.

Anyway, build a couple of quick applets, to arm and disarm, utilising a location created in Life360, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Many Thanks! I also saw some mentions of Life360, and will give it a try.

I just figured out a way to make this work. I have only tested once but I will let you know if I have issues with it.

If you have Alexa (2 are needed in relative close proximity) Create a routine in Alexa when the blink is armed to have Alexa day “Alexa arm blink) the other alexa hears it and arms the cameras. I have also created a routine that turns it off using the same technique and a delay for when you have to say the pin.

Wondering with Ring’s latest gen alarm system if this is now possible. i have a couple of blink cameras and am thinking about switching to the Ring Alarm system. Wondering if there is now an IFTTT applet that will allow you to automatically arm the blink cameras when it recognizes the Ring alarm has been armed to either home and/or away? Cheers