APP CRASH

This morning app crash without reason. I called customer service, they said they aware of this issue. The system I have with 8 cameras used for over 3 years is now completely useless. Blink feels totally unsecured and unreliable.

4 Likes

I share your feelings. I have three systems in three different geographic locations and I can’t even remotely disable them. I do not know if it is worse that the cameras are still active and drain the batteries or not having footage.

3 Likes

Glad you posted. Same here. Spent hours troubleshooting my systems. All my Android devices open for 2 seconds and close. Iphone App does work.

2 Likes

same here, worked yesterday. uninstalled / reinstalled after clearing cache, same result, app is not working!!

1 Like

Has anyone gotten an acceptable response from Blink about how and when this will be resolved?

If they are aware of the issue, as a security camera company, communication with the customer should be a top priority.

I haven’t seen any communication from them, although I have received several advertising emails from them pushing their new cameras in the same time period as their system is broken.

1 Like

On the call they told me they will notify me when it will be resolved. How and when they did not specified. I agree with you in terms of why they didn’t communicate with customers ahead of the changes they make. It just disappointing.

1 Like

Same here, my wife’s and my Pixel 3 and Pixel 3XL app crashes on opening on both phones! I just called also, and it does not work on any Android phones, only iPhones/iPads. They are trying to fix is ASAP, but there is no way to arm your cameras unless you use Apple. They said hopefully it will be fixed today.

1 Like

Same here, app is crashing all morning.Hope they fix it today.

1 Like

Got an email from support saying it is a server issues. I am using a Pixel 3XL as well. Wonder if it is an Android 11 related issue. Either way I am still getting notifications for motions so I am guess the cameras are still working fine, just can’t see the footage at the moment. I am sure they will get it sorted soon. This is the first time in 4 years or so I have ever had this kind of issue so I am not too excited about it at the moment.

1 Like

Asked if they could fog a mirror. They said no we can not fog a mirror. Just they have their heads stuck up their butt

There is an update on the app store that fixes the problem.

Thank you for posting that update.