All day recording

Does blink record video of a full day and allow user to play back at their convenience or the recording only happens when live view is indicated.

It records motion clips, ranging from 10 seconds to 60 seconds, and allows you to view a live stream as well.

The Blink cameras do not offer continuous recording, though you can leave the system armed for motion detection for any interval of time.

Why don’t they? To conserve battery life? How about the Blink Mini which has a plugged in power supply? Or, is it to conserve storage space? What about the flash drives? Let the customers decide. Now I know why they call it The Blink system -it’s just that -brief captures of useless clips that don’t even work half the time no matter how the sensitivity is set! And if I want to surveil something with a live stream why do I have to keep pressing “continue” - that’s ridiculous.
Seems to me the Blink camera system has a lot of room for improvement- wake your engineers up from their slumber party already! lol

1 Like

Sounds like this system is not for you. If you already bought it, should have checked before, or simply returned it. If you didn’t, good move, because you need an always on cabled system, that records to DVR.

No design errors, this is clearly exactly what Blink intended from their product.

Powered minis, or user powered other versions, if allowed, would kill their server bandwidth and space, without huge additional costs in changing it to something it was never intended to be.

1 Like

What a answer…blink sucks…should be my choice to re cord or not for more then 60 sec. What’s the difference recording 25 little clips compared to one long one

There is no none recording live views

People by the hundreds prove every month they buy on price, have bad assumptions, and are only willing to do the real research homework when they are forced to…after they buy.

Buy it try it return it is always an option for the homework haters. But hey. I’ll be the first to admit, Blinks marketing ads are somewhere between misleading and deception.

Blink works just fine to me. I mean very good to me for that price. You have to pay more if youwant more. I think this is the best answer.

Amen! People want the goods for free.