Add record option in live view

I agree that would be a great addition

Tory, not sure what you are talking about regarding an automatic, but I really would like to see a button that you could push that would start saving the audio and then one to push to stop it. You might need a longer clip if something was going on that you needed a recording.

3 Likes

+Dennis I too prefer manual control for recording. I wont be needing to record everything I view every time.

3 Likes

@Tori_At_Blink I think you’d definitely want the ability to manually trigger a recording while in live view mode, regardless of whether or not there is an automatic recording algorithm … which should be user optional if you’d want it activated or not. Just add the ‘auto record if motion detected while in live view’ in a screen similar to what you have below.

3 Likes

I would definitely like the manual record option. Sometimes I want to just manual record to capture my dog being a nut in the backyard, blink serves more purpose than just security around my house.

2 Likes

Hay Everyone,

You know that Blink now has an Official place for FeedBack Surway!

2 Likes

I really like the idea of recording during Live View. I don’t particularly care if it is automatic or user initiated.
Having an option for either/or would be great.

This brings up a question (I’m new to Blinks):
If Motion Detection is turned on for a camera, and then while you are watching live view someone walks into view, wouldn’t the motion detection trigger a recording?
Does Live view temporarily turn off motion detection?

2 Likes

Hi @btcompute,

Thanks for your question! When using live view, motion will not trigger a recording. I’m not sure if it would be possible to have both work at the same time, but I think it would be nice to see something like that; may limit the battery life though.

2 Likes

+1 Vote on this feature.

2 Likes

Live view should just record, period. It’s a video camera icon, when I click on a video camera icon I expect it to be recording not acting like a window. Snapshots should save too. If people just want to looky lou, then add a third button that conveys that function.

5 Likes

I think this would be a great idea as well.

1 Like

I think I’ve figured out how I would like it to work. I think that rather than clicking the video camera icon to get into live mode (which confuses me as I would think video camera = record, just like my phone), I think it would be better to click on the thumbnail to get into live mode, and being in live mode should not change whether the camera/motion detector is armed or not. It should simply give you the live view and if its armed, if something moves in frame, it should record that. While in live mode, the video camera icon and camera icons should be there and if you want to manually start a recording or snap a pic, you should click on those icons. And of course you should be able to download those videos and pics which you can’t do today.

6 Likes

Hi @mikep,

I think that’s a great idea! I like the re purposing of the video and camera button as well; makes a lot of sense!

3 Likes

Another vote for a record button

3 Likes

Yes. I would love to see this feature.

1 Like

That’s the deal maker or breaker for me adding the Video doorbell to my current Blink setup. I wish if the cameras did the same.

1 Like

I to would like to have a record option when in live view. I don’t just use my blink cameras for security but for days like Christmas. When I am at work and I am unable to be at home with the kids, I drop in on the cameras and if I was able to record I would be able to capture some awesome memories.

2 Likes

Another vote for this. Kind of surprised it has to be mentioned… no brainer

manual and automatic should be able to be controlled by the user

Just got 5 camera blink system and found it incredibly easy to setup!! However disappointed in 2 things:

1. Can’t schedule camera individually
  2. No on demand record function.
1 Like