Activate Echo Show on motion

We use Blink in our home and at our coffee shop. At the coffee shop we have an Echo Show in the kitchen, and staff can simply say “Alexa, show me the counter camera”. Perfect.

One capability that would be really nice would be to automatically activate the Echo Show to display the counter camera when it detects motion. Is this possible? Perhaps with IFTTT?

That would allow the barista to be in back washing dishes during slow times, yet automatically see when someone approaches the counter. I know there are other ways to do this with motion sensor chimes, but doing it with Blink and Echo would be very elegant and unobtrusive.

1 Like

currently, there’s no official support for this. You could build something with some 3rd party apps, but i’m not familiar with other echo devices to help with that. The best solution may just be to set that camera to record with a very short video and a long retrigger time, that way you get the push notification of the recording, and then be able to request live view.

How can this be done? Is it going to be supported soon?

I have blink xt2 and echo show… Tried ifttt to automate opening echo show with the live view from the camera when it detects motion but this is not available either.

I thunk this is something that every owner of a blink + echo display device would crave for… I know I am

Please let us know how can this be done or how can we ask for this feature to be made available?

Thanks

This is a user forum. We don’t know. Blink will no comment on futures here.

Showing live view on echo show on cam action would be a great function for many users. Wonder, why this is not possible in any way.